For every year and academic session, Canada receives thousands of applications from international scholars who wish to further their respective academic journey in its nation.
But in reality, not all these applications received shall be considered for admission. This is due to some factors that are well considered by different institutions in Canada.
Are you interested in the application for a study in Canada; both for undergraduate and postgraduate programs? If yes, ensure that you take advantage of every piece of information that I am going to share with you in this article.
This is to inform all interested international students that the application to study in Canada for 2023 in currently ongoing. See Online Jobs in Canada.
As you read this article, you will some of the basic information you need to complete your application and as well be selected for 2023 admission.
Requirements to Study in Canada for International Students
The Following are General Guidelines for Admission Requirements for International Students
Admission requirements are requirements or qualifications that students must meet in order for them to demonstrate the potential to successfully complete a program at C.C.E.C. (e.g., high school diploma, proficiency in English).
In general at C.C.E.C.:
Students enrolled in a C.C.E.C. program are required to meet or exceed the admission requirements set out below before they begin a program.
For US-based education applicants:
A Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required or in some cases, a High School Diploma with five Grade 12 academic subjects is required.
If applicable, the applicant must also meet program-specific requirements, since some programs have supplementary procedures for admission. See Remote Jobs in Canada.
The applicant must have the following minimum credentials/required documents for enrollment consideration*.
- Copy of Government Issued ID (for e.g. Passport Bio Data Page, Government ID card in English)
- Copy of Proof of Name Change**, if applicable (e.g. Name Change Affidavit)
- Copy of Secondary School Certificate or another degree/diploma which is equaling to Canadian Secondary School Certificate
- ECA or MSA
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- Accept LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
**A proof of name change is required if the name on your ID does not match the name on your educational credential(s). Note that marriage certificates are NOT proof of a legal name change.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
If you would like your application to study in Canada to be accepted, of course, you would, you must possess English language speaking and writing ability and in the course of the application, you will be mandated to present the proof. To have this proof, there are tests that you are expected to take. One of such test is IELTS.
If you will not be taking IELTS but taking a test other than IELTS, there are many options. Most post-secondary institutions accept English proficiency test results from tests, such as TOEFL and CAEL. See Jobs in Canada for Foreigners.
The following are the minimum score for any of the language proficiency tests that you are going to take:
- IELTS Academic Module with an overall band of 5.5 or more
- TOEFL result with a score of 80 (online) or 550 (paper-based)
- MELAB with a score of 80
- PTE (Academic) with a minimum 50 overall
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time study at a school from a country on the exemption list. A letter from the institution or the transcript justifying the medium of instruction must be submitted for evaluation.
- If students do not have one of the above, then they must enroll in ESL** with C.C.E.C. with a Conditional Letter of Acceptance:
– Completion of C.C.E.C.’s ESL Advanced Program with a minimum of 60% (Ref. Gov. Canada Directions Concerning ESL, FSL Courses)
For many countries, C.C.E.C. considers the same academic preparation that is required for college or university entrance in those countries (i.e successful graduation from an academic secondary school program or equivalent)
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements and deadline dates is not a guarantee of admission in some courses. Only the most qualified candidates will be considered.
- For applicants from some countries (e.g. countries where English is the first/official language and countries in South Asia), we are not able to provide the option of a Letter of Acceptance to the Can-College English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP) as it has been our experience that study permit applicants from specific countries are rejected by the Canadian visa office for a study permit (visa) when there is an ESL (English as a Second Language) component requested.
- For applicants from South Asian countries (e.g. India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), it is highly recommended to submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Eligibility Requirements for Study Permits in Canada
You can be granted access to study in Canada if you:
- are enrolled at a DLI
- prove you have enough money to pay for
- your tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
- are in good health and get a medical exam (if required) and
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
Steps to Apply for a Study in Canada
Application to study in Canada is done online by carefully following the steps that I am going to list below. The steps required in the application to study in Canada are:
- Step 1: Find a world-class school or program
- Step 2: Make a budget and find out how to pay for your studies
- Step 3: Apply to a school
- Step 4: Apply to study in Canada
- Step 5: Get ready to come to Canada
Now that you read this article to this end, you can now proceed with your application by following the five steps listed above. In case of any other inquiries about how to Study in Canada 2023, kindly make use of the comment section below.