Whenever you purchase a Google Play Gift Card or someone gifted it to you, it is either that you are going to use it for your shopping or you can exchange the gift card for money and transfer it to your bank account.
Maybe you have tried to do this but it’s not working out, it could be because you did not follow the right procedure. Just read this post to see all the information on how to turn a Google Play gift card into cash.
A Google Play gift card is a digital gift card that can be used to purchase apps, games, movies, music, books, and more from the Google Play Store.
These gift cards are available in various denominations and can be purchased from a variety of retailers both online and offline. See How to Convert Steam Gift Card to Cash.
Are you looking for ways to sell your Google Play gift card? If so, just know that this is the best information you need. In this article, I will show you how to turn your Google Play gift card into cash quickly and easily. From finding the right platform to getting the best price for your gift card, you will see it all. Continue reading for detailed information.
How to convert Google Play gift card into cash
Sometimes, cash is much preferred over a gift card, you might be given a gift card but you’re in need of cash instead, you can’t return the card to the giver, nor can you redeem the card directly for cash. Luckily, there are several things you can do to turn your card into cash.
Sell your gift card to a website.
There are many websites out there that will purchase your gift card and give you cash in return. Some websites will provide the prepaid postage for you to mail your gift card to them.
If you have a digital gift card, some websites will buy it from you instantly. Make sure you do thorough research and search for reviews of the website before committing to selling your card.
You won’t be paid for the full value of your gift card. Some websites you can sell your gift card to are Cardpool, Raise, CardCash, and Giftcard Zen.
Sell gift card through Apps.
Some companies also have a mobile app that you can use to sell your gift card. What you need to do is. Simply download the app, send your card in, and choose how you would like to be paid through PayPal or cheque. That company will take 15% of the value of the gift card for commission.
List your gift card on an e-commerce website.
you can also choose to list your gift card on a website like Facebook marketplace, eBay or Craigslist. You can sell your gift card for the same price it is valued at, but it will sell better if you sell it slightly lower than it’s worth.
Note that the websites, like eBay, will likely take a percentage of the sale. You should also include in shipping costs if you are sending the gift card to someone. See How to check Google Play Gift Card Balance.
How to redeem your Google Play gift card
First, note that the card’s code can be found on the back of the card by scratching the grey strip.
Redeem a Google Play card on your phone
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Open the menu by tapping the three lines in the upper left-hand corner.
- Scroll down and select “Redeem.”
- Enter the code
- Tap “Redeem.”
- Confirm that you want to redeem the money.
How to redeem your Google Play gift card on Apple devices
- Find the 16-digit code on the back of the card. For some gift cards, you might need to peel or gently scratch off the label to see the code.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store app.
- At the top of the screen, select the sign-in button or your photo.
- Select Redeem Gift Card or Code. Sign in with your Apple ID if you don’t see Redeem Gift Card or Code.
- Select Use Camera and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, select “You can also enter your code manually,” then follow the instructions on the screen.
- select Done.
Redeem a Google Play card from your desktop
- Go to the Google Play store website.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, select “Redeem.”
- Enter the code.
- Confirm that you want to redeem the money.
- Enjoy your credit!
- Redeem a Google Play card via email
- Open the email that contains your Google Play card.
- Select the redeem button (this may say “eGift centre,” or be a general redirect link).
- As prompted, enter your email to validate that this is your card.
- Select “Click to redeem.”
- You’ll be redirected to the Play website.
- confirm your account.
After redeeming your gift card, you just need to authorize the purchase of whatever product you want to buy on the Play Store and as long as your gift card balance covers the item’s price, the purchase will go through.
How to transfer Google Play balance to a bank account
In case you want to transfer your Goolge Play balance to your bank account you can easily do so by following these simple steps.
- Sign into ‘Payment’ methods.
Thereafter, you will reach Google Play balance.
- Click on Transfer balance. You will be asked to enter the amount you want to transfer.
- After that, you will be asked to confirm the payment method.
- Then, for the last step, you will have to click transfer.
The above steps above is when using a Desktop. In case you want to transfer Google Play balance to your bank account using an Android device, the steps are:-
- Go to the Google Play app.
You will see a Payment button at the bottom, click on it.
- Under the ‘Google Play balance’, click on cash out.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- confirm the payment method.
- Then finally click on Transfer.
Google Play gift card could be useful to smartphone users, it could be a cool gift for some people. After receiving the gift you might want to turn your Google Play gift card into cash instead. The few ways above could help you how to exchange your Google Play gift card for cash.
In case of any other questions about how to turn a Google Play Gift Card into cash, kindly make use of the comment section below.