What is Walmart Gift Card all about? If you want detailed answers to this question, make sure you read this article carefully to the end.
A Walmart gift card is a prepaid debit card that can be used to purchase any item at Walmart that is within the value of the gift card,
and any remaining balance can be used for future purchases. Walmart gift cards allow shoppers to save money on their purchases and they are available in various denominations, ranging from $5 to $1,000. See Visa Gift Card.
A Walmart gift card is one of the gift cards you can give to friends and family. They are available in two forms which include the physical and digital (E-codes) forms.
With a Walmart gift card, you can easily shop for groceries or clothing from home. They can be redeemed to make purchases online or in-store.
As you read this article, you are going to see more information about Walmart Gift Card and how it is being used. Do well to continue reading.
What are Walmart Gift Card Used for?
The following are some of the uses of Walmart gift cards:
- Purchasing groceries and other household items at Walmart stores or online.
- Buying clothing, shoes, and accessories for yourself or as gifts.
- Getting electronics and other home goods, such as furniture and appliances.
- Paying for gas at Walmart gas stations.
- Using the gift card at Sam’s Club locations to purchase items or to renew a membership.
- Using the gift card to purchase items online or through the Walmart app, including items that are not available in stores.
- Giving the gift card as a present or a reward to someone else.
Walmart does not have a single store in Nigeria. Customers who have Walmart gift cards often trade them for cash. That is the best way to use a Walmart gift card in Nigeria.
Where Can I Find Walmart Gift Cards?
Unaffiliated merchants will have a hard time finding Walmart Gift cards. Fortunately, there are approximately 4,700 Walmart locations across the United States with plenty of Walmart Gift cards. Alternatively, go to Walmart.com to browse a large selection of traditional and digital gift cards.
You can also buy a Walmart gift card on PayPal. First, go to the PayPal gift card section to purchase a Walmart e-Gift Card to buy on PayPal.
Then, choose how much money you want to load onto the card (from $10 to $500) and whether it’s for yourself or someone else once you’ve arrived at PayPal.com.
If it’s for someone else, provide their email address, your name, a short message if you’d like, and the date you’d like it delivered.
Then, add it to your basket, checkout, and deposit the card into the recipient’s PayPal wallet. You may also send it yourself and print it to a friend or relative as a gift.
How to Redeem a Walmart Gift Card Online
- Add items to your cart normally and proceed to checkout.
- Confirm your delivery and pickup information.
- Under Enter payment method, select gift card.
- Enter your gift card number and PIN. Learn how to find your gift card PIN.
- Click Apply Gift Card.
- Enjoy your balance!
Tips To Resolve Issues While Redeeming Walmart Gift Card
- You may get an invalid PIN error if you entered the wrong letter or digit. Ensure to verify before proceeding.
- In the case of the “the gift card number and PIN do not match” error, you can wait for 24hrs to try again.
- Note that you can only redeem a Walmart gift card in the US.
- Contact Walmart customer support if none of the above tips worked.
How will my Walmart Gift Card be delivered?
Your Walmart Gift Card will be digitally delivered, via web link, after the completion of your order. See How to Turn Walmart Gift Card into Cash
In the case of some orders, to fight against payment fraud, we may need to send a request to verify your payment details with the upload of an identification card. If you get this request, this is a one-time request and will make placing future orders much faster.
Our typical processing time for a Walmart Gift Card is 1-3 minutes.
Advantages of Using Walmart Gift Cards.
The following are various benefits you get from using a Walmart Gift Card. They are:
- Attract New Customers: Walmart Gift Cards provide these answers since they have a price tag and are most likely to be spent within a couple of days due to deadlines.
- Improve Sales by Selling and Accepting Gift Cards: Walmart takes credit cards and accepts Walmart gift cards from customers.
- Increase Brand Awareness: Walmart gift cards are similar to credit cards or paper money, but they have the Walmart brand. As a result, the customer is constantly reminded to browse around for their wants and needs.
- Encourages Buying More: The store enjoys having customers come in and shop, and these Walmart gift cards have a deadline on them, so the individual who owns them will be motivated to purchase more and shop early. Usually, it will be overcharged since individuals enjoy shopping more, and it has rekindled their shopping habit so that they will spend more than the US$1,000 price tag.
- They are Safe and Convenient: The Walmart Gift Card has an expiration date and the name of the person who will benefit from it, so the store knows who will benefit from it ahead of time, and the person carrying the Walmart gift card will not forget the deadline on the gift card.
Disadvantages of Using a Walmart Gift Card
The following are the various cons of using a Walmart gift card. They include:
- After making purchases with a Walmart gift card, there may be a small amount of money left over, which, if not spent, is money wasted, whether due to forgetfulness or inertia.
- Losing a Walmart gift card or stealing it can be a headache, especially if you didn’t register or keep the gift card number. To add money, you may pay purchase or reload fees.
- If you don’t use your card, you could be charged an inactivity fee.
- The purchasing power of closed-loop cards is limited.
Do Walmart Gift Cards expire?
No, they do not expire. The one exception is that if you lose your card, then it will be considered expired, and Walmart will not honor it. This is because Walmart holds all cards in a single account limit.
Are Walmart Gift Cards allowed at Associate Companies?
Yes, Walmart Gift cards can be easily redeemed at all Walmart-owned businesses like Walmart Marketplace, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Sam’s Club, and certain Murphy USA Fuel Stations.
However, gift cards purchased from a Walmart store in the United States can only be redeemed in the United States. In addition, affiliate companies will not accept gift cards in other countries.
Can A Walmart Gift Card Be Used On Amazon?
No, Walmart Gift cards are not redeemable at Amazon or any other shop. Amazon is a direct competitor of Walmart, and its goal is to keep shoppers away from Amazon.com.
As a result, Walmart Gift cards are not redeemable on Amazon. See How to Check Walmart Gift Card Balance.
Walmart Gift Card General Terms
For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, including the arbitration provision set forth below, the term “Walmart” shall be interpreted broadly to encompass Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC, and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents.
IMPORTANT: These terms and conditions contain a mandatory arbitration provision that, as further set forth below, requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes.
This means that you and Walmart are each giving up the right to sue each other in court or in class actions of any kind. in arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court.
Nonreturnable; not for resale.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, Walmart plastic Gift Cards and eGift Cards (“Walmart Gift Cards”) are not returnable or refundable for cash except in states where required by law. Resale of Walmart Gift Cards is strictly prohibited.
The balance on any Gift Card is solely the liability of Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC.
Unless other restrictions apply, Walmart Gift Cards may be used at any Walmart store or Sam’s Club in the U.S. or Puerto Rico; or online at walmart.com, or Samsclub.com.
Not for promotional use.
Walmart Gift Cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities (including without limitation via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts).
If you are ordering more than 750 cards, please email [email protected] and an associate will contact you by the next business day, or call us at 1-800-411-7942, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. -5 p.m (CT).
No affiliation with Walmart.
Use of Walmart’s name, logo, trade dress (including any image/likeness of the cards) or trademarks (or those of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates) in connection with the purchase or use of Walmart Gift Cards is strictly prohibited.
Furthermore, the use of Walmart Gift Cards in any manner that states or implies that any person, website, business, product, or service is endorsed or sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with, Walmart or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates is prohibited.
Compliance with laws.
By purchasing Walmart Gift Cards, you are certifying and representing to Walmart that the activities in connection with which the Walmart Gift Cards will be used will comply with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and that the Walmart Gift Cards will not be used in any manner that is misleading, deceptive, unfair or otherwise harmful to consumers or Walmart.
In addition, you agree to defend and indemnify Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates from and against any claims, expenses or liabilities made against or incurred by any of them in connection with your use of the Walmart Gift Cards or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Customers in Puerto Rico authorize Walmart, strictly as required by law in cases of possible financial exploitation, to share personal information such as name, address, and transaction information with applicable government agencies pursuant to Regulation #9368.
Lost or Stolen Gift Card.
Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced. Neither Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC nor Wal-Mart Stores Arkansas, LLC shall have liability to you for (i) lost or stolen Walmart Gift Cards or (ii) use of any Walmart Gift Cards by third parties through your Walmart.com account.
You are solely responsible for keeping the password for your Walmart.com account safe and for any activity conducted under your account.
I hope you have seen helpful information in this article. In case of any other inquiries about Walmart Gift Card, kindly make use of the comment section below.