Are you thinking of the best card in SBI to get? To discover the best SBI credit card, you have to take all the information that I am going to share with you in this article very seriously.
The State Bank of India (SBI) is the biggest bank in India and has among the biggest banking networks all around the world. In India, The bank has a presence in every district of each state increasing its potential to serve.
SBI credit card is an instrument that allows you to make instant purchases for various goods & services, for which you can pay later. See Benefits of Credit Card.
Every credit card account is assigned a credit limit and you can utilise the card till the assigned limit. Once you make the payment at the end of the pre-specified credit period, your credit limit will be restored.
Unlike a debit card which is linked directly to your bank account, credit card offers the flexibility to make transactions, independent of the balance available in your bank account.
In this article, I am going to be showing you the best card in SBI that you can apply for and the major considerations to look at before choosing any of the credit that are available. Kindly read this article to the end for detailed information.
Best Card in SBI
The following are the best card in SBI:
|SBI Card ELITE
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
|Travel Benefits with Air India
|SBI Card PRIME
|Earning High Rewards across All Categories
|BPCL SBI Card Octane
|Fuel Benefits with BPCL
|IRCTC SBI Card Premier
|Saving on Railway Travels
|Club Vistara SBI Card
|Travel Benefits with Vistara Airlines
|Nature’s Basket SBI Card
|Earning Value Back on Groceries with Nature’s Basket
|Yatra SBI Card
|Travel Discount on Yatra
|SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
|Beginners looking for Online Shopping Benefits
|SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
|Beginners looking for Reward Points
|Cashback SBI Card
|Cashback and Online Shopping
SBI Card ELITE
Annual Fee: Rs. 4,999
SBI Card ELITE is one of the best credit cards in India with all-round benefits across multiple categories. Though the card charges Rs. 4,999 as annual fee, the benefits, if used to their maximum advantage, surpass the fee by a wide margin.
- Welcome e-voucher worth Rs. 5,000 from any of these brands- Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop or Yatra
- Earn 2 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent across all categories
- Get 5-times more rewards on dining, groceries and departmental store spends
- Get 2 movie tickets worth Rs. 250 each per month from BookMyShow
- Complimentary membership to Priority Pass, Club Vistara Silver and Trident Red Tier
- Low foreign exchange markup fee of 1.99% only
- Earn up to 50,000 reward points worth Rs. 12,500 in a year on reaching different spending milestones
This SBI credit card is a good choice for earning all round benefits across multiple categories- travel, dining, movies, rewards, etc. You can consider getting SBI Card Elite if you are a high spender and put most of your expenses on your credit card.
Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 4,999
Launched in collaboration with Air India, this SBI travel credit card is best for Air India loyalists. It gives back in the form of reward points which can be converted to Air India Air Miles in 1:1 ratio. Complimentary membership to Air India’s Frequent Flyer Program and Priority Pass Program add to its benefits.
- 20,000 reward points as a welcome gift upon payment of annual fee within 15 days
- Complimentary membership to Flying Returns (Air India Frequent Flyer Program)
- 4 Reward points for every Rs. 100 spent across all categories
- Earn up to 30 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.com, airindia mobile app
- Convert reward points into Air India Air Miles (1 point = 1 Air Mile)
- Get 20,000 points on spending Rs. 5 Lakh, 30,000 additional points on spending Rs. 10 Lakh and 50,000 additional points on spending Rs. 20 Lakh in a year
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership
This SBI credit card is a good choice for earning travel benefits with Air India. You can consider getting this card if you are a frequent traveler but also an Air India loyalist.
If the annual fee of Rs. 4,999 is too high for you, you can also consider getting the Platinum variant- Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card. See Amazon Credit Card.
SBI Card PRIME
Annual Fee: Rs. 2,999
Possibly the best credit card for rewards in its fee range, SBI Card PRIME gives significant value back to high-spenders, especially on categories like dining, movies, groceries and departmental store spending.
The card also focuses on travel category offering complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership and Priority Pass Membership.
- Get welcome e-voucher worth Rs. 3,000 from any of these brands- Bata/Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, Shoppers Stop or Yatra.com
- Earn 2 reward points per Rs. 100 on all your spends
- Earn 5-times more rewards on dining, movies, groceries and departmental store spends
- Spend Rs. 50,000 in a calendar quarter and get Rs. 1,000 Pizza Hut e-voucher
- Get renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 3 Lakh in the preceding year
- Spend Rs. 5 Lakh and get e-vouchers worth Rs. 7,000 from Yatra/Pantaloons
- Avail complimentary membership to Club Vistara Silver, Priority Pass and Trident Red Tier
- Get 4 free international lounge visits and 8 free domestic lounge visits in a year
SBI Card Prime is a good choice if you are looking for a card that offers high rewards across all categories. The card offers reward benefits on everyday categories like groceries, dining, and departmental stores, along with benefits across hotels, flights, and travel bookings. With this card, you get premium-type benefits, at a justified annual fee of Rs. 2,999.
BPCL SBI Card Octane
Annual Fee: Rs. 1,499
One of the best fuel credit cards in India, BPCL Octane offers 7.25% value back on your fuel purchases in the form of 25X rewards and 1% fuel surcharge waiver at BPCL petrol pumps.
The accumulated points can be easily redeemed at BPCL petrol pumps. Unlike most fuel cards, BPCL Octane also offers lounge access and extra rewards on some other categories.
- Get 6,000 bonus reward points as welcome benefits worth Rs. 1,500
- Get 7.25% value back on your fuel spends at BPCL in the form of 25X reward points (6.25%) and 1% fuel surcharge waiver (on transactions up to Rs. 4,000)
- Earn 10 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent at Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery and Movies
- Avail 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits in a year. Check Best Credit Cards For Free Domestic Airport Lounge Access.
- Spend Rs. 3 Lakh in a year and get e-vouchers worth Rs. 2,000 from Urban Company, Aditya Birla Fashion, Yatra or Hush Puppies/Bata
- Get the renewal fee waived off on reaching annual spending limit of Rs. 2 Lakh
IRCTC SBI Card Premier
Annual Fee: Rs. 1,499
Only a few credit cards in India offer benefits on railway travelling and IRCTC SBI Card Premier is one such card. It provides up to 10% value back on rail ticket bookings along waiver of transaction charges on IRCTC.
Previously, SBI Card already had Platinum variant of this card but IRCTC SBI Card Premier, which was launched much later, is clearly a better option among the two.
- Welcome benefit of 1,500 reward points equal to Rs. 1,500
- Earn 10% Value Back on AC1, AC2, AC3, AC CC as Reward Points
- Earn 5% value back on air ticket booking and e-catering services booked via IRCTC
- Get 1 reward point per Rs. 125 spent on all categories except fuel
- Get 3X points on dining and utility bill payment (via standing instructions)
- Complimentary rail accident insurance cover
- 8 complimentary railway lounge access in a year (maximum 2 per quarter)
IRCTC SBI Card Premier is a suitable choice for people looking for benefits and savings around railway travel. You can get this credit card if you frequently travel within India and if you prefer railways over airline travel.
However, if the annual fee of Rs. 1,499 seems high, you can check IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card, for similar railway travel benefits.
Club Vistara SBI Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 1,499
For travelers who prefer Vistara Airlines, this SBI Credit Card is a great pick. Users can earn Club Vistara (CV) Points which can be used to get discounts on your Vistara tickets. The card also offers bonus CV Points on reaching spending milestones.
- Get 1 economy class Vistara flight ticket as e-gift voucher as welcome benefit
- Spend Rs. 50,000 within 90 days of card activation to get 1,000 bonus CV Points
- Earn 3 Club Vistara (CV) points per Rs. 200 spent on all spends
- 1 CV Point = Rs. 1 redeemable at Vistara Airlines
- Get 1 economy class ticket each on reaching spending thresholds of Rs. 1.25 Lakh, 2.5 Lakh, and 5 Lakh (base fare waived off)
- Also get Rs. 5,000 hotel e-voucher on spending Rs. 5 Lakh
- 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits limited to only 1 visit per quarter
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
Club Vistara SBI Card is an airline travel credit card, co-branded with Vistara Airlines. The card is highly suitable for frequent travelers, who are also Vistara loyalists.
The complimentary flight tickets offered as welcome and milestone benefits, clearly surpass the fee charged, marking it a highly economical choice, if you travel a lot.
Nature’s Basket SBI Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 1,499
Nature’s Basket is one of the largest grocery supermarkets in India. Nature’s Basket SBI Credit Card is suited for those who prefer to purchase groceries from Natures’s Basket as they can get generous reward points along with complimentary access to Nature’s Basket loyalty program- Epicure.
- Complimentary membership to Epicure- the loyalty program of Nature’s Basket
- Earn 10 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on Nature’s Basket online and offline stores
- Earn 5 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on Travel, Dining and Entertainment spends
- 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other spends
- Reward points can be redeemed into Nature’s Basket Loyalty Program
- Spend Rs. 3 Lakh and get gift vouchers worth Rs. 3,000 from premium brands like Aldo, Inglot, Bath & Body Works and Charles & Keith
- Spend Rs. 2 Lakh to get annual fee waiver
- 4 complimentary visits per year to domestic airport lounges
Nature’s Basket SBI Credit Cards, is a suitable choice for you if you use your credit card for grocery shopping and are looking for a card that offers great value back in this category.
However, the benefits are of good use only when you are a Nature’s Basket loyalist, or don’t mind becoming one. For more extensive benefits on Nature’s Basket, you can also check the Elite variant of this card- Nature’s Basket SBI Card Elite.
Yatra SBI Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
One of the best travel credit cards in India, Yatra SBI Card offers a significant discount on your travel bookings with Yatra, whether it is a domestic flight booking, international flight booking or a domestic hotel booking.
- Welcome gift vouchers from Yatra worth Rs. 8,250
- 1,000 off on domestic flight bookings with Yatra on transactions worth Rs. 5,000 or more
- 4,000 off on international flight bookings with Yatra on transactions worth Rs. 40,000 or more
- 20% off on domestic hotel booking with Yatra (minimum transaction value- Rs. 3,000)
- Complimentary air accident cover of Rs. 50 Lakh
- Earn 6 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on departmental stores, grocery, dining, movies and entertainment
- 6 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on International spends
- 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other transactions
- 4 reward points = Rs. 1
Yatra SBI Credit Card is a co-branded travel credit card with popular travel portal, Yatra.com. This SBI Card is a good choice for frequent travelers, looking for all-rounder travel benefits, related to flight and hotel bookings. Being an entry-level credit card, the card offers great benefits at an affordable annual fee of just Rs. 499.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
When it comes to low annual fee credit cards offering good online shopping benefits, SBI SimplyCLICK Card should be considered. It offers accelerated rewards on select brands along with extra rewards on all online spendings.
- 10X reward points on online purchases made on Apollo24X7, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Eazydiner, and Netmeds
- 5X reward points on all other online purchases
- 1 reward point per Rs. 100 spent on other categories
- Spend Rs. 1 Lakh in a year and get e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000
- Spend Rs. 2 Lakh in a year and get additional e-voucher worth Rs. 2,000
- Annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 1 Lakh
If you are looking for an entry-level credit card that offers benefits around online shopping, then SBI Simply Click is undoubtedly the right choice for you.
This SBI Card offers benefits on everyday brands like Amazon, Netmeds, etc with 5X rewards on all online purchases. Thus, a suitable choice for beginners, who are also high spenders.
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
SBI SimplySAVE is one of the best entry-level credit cards in India offering extra reward points on everyday spending categories like groceries and departmental store spending. With a low annual fee and relaxed eligibility norms, this SBI Card is a good option for beginners.
- Welcome benefit of 2,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 2,000 in the first 60 days of card issuance
- 10x reward points on dining, movies, grocery and departmental store spends
- 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Annual fee waiver on spending Rs. 1 lakh in the previous year
SBI Simply Save Credit Card is a suitable choice, if you are more interested in everyday categories, instead of everyday brands. Similar to Simply Click, this card also comes with relaxed eligibility. You can get this card, if you want rewards on all spends, but don’t want a high annual fee card.
Cashback SBI Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 999
Cashback SBI Card gives you good value back on your purchases by rewarding you with the cashback. This is one of the best credit cards for online shopping as it gives maximum value back on online transactions. The card also comes with other privileges, such as fuel benefits, spend based annual fee reversal and much more.
- 5% cashback on every online spend without any merchant restriction
- 1% cashback on all offline spends
- Renewal fee reversal on annual spends of Rs. 2 lakh
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India
Cashback SBI Credit Card is a suitable choice if you are looking for great value back on all online transactions, without any merchant inclinations or restrictions.
If you use your card majorly for online spends and can afford to pay an annual fee of Rs. 1,499, you can consider getting this card.
I hope have seen vital information in this article. In case of any other inquiries about the Best Card in SBI, kindly make use of the comment section below.