Are you looking for what a Steam Wallet is all about? If yes, this is an article that will answer all the questions you may have been asking on the Steam Wallet Gift Card.
Steam Wallet Gift Card is one of the most commonly used gifts that are used for purchasing items from gift stores.
There have been so many commendations for the gift card since a lot of people have been using and are satisfied with the services it offers.
As you read this article, you are going to see more information about Steam Wallet Gift Card. For those who have been searching for this information, all you have to do is to read carefully to the end. See Steam Gift Card.
What is Steam Wallet Gift Card?
Steam was designed for gamers to have and provide access to video games of their choice without owning a console. Its users are able to sell, buy and store games on the platform.
So this will be heaven for gamers and for Parents who can’t afford gaming consoles but want to give their kids the same experience.
It was released into the market by Valve in 2003. Steam is an online gaming platform that is downloadable on Windows PCs, and on Android and Apple devices. They can also be accessed through television with the aid of a Steam link device.
Gamers worldwide are taking advantage of this innovative idea as it is recorded that they have 120 million monthly users. Note that 120 million is not a small number of users.
In order for these large numbers of gamers to have access to the games, your Steam wallet must be credited. Apart from using debit cards or PayPal, Steam gift cards present a safe and easy way to load a Steam wallet.
If you are thinking of a gift to give to an online gamer, a Steam gift card will be much appreciated. Simply put, a Steam gift card is a means of payment on the Steam platform.
Steam Gift Cards work just like gift certificates, which can be redeemed on Steam for the purchase of games, software, hardware, and any other item you can purchase on Steam.
10 Facts About Steam Wallet Gift Card
1). There are five types of Steam gift cards, the only difference between them being the value; $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100.
Physical steam cards usually come in denominations of $20, $30, $50, and $100;
While digital cards come in denominations of $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100
2). Steam Wallet Gift Cards do not expire. If you notice that your Wallet is empty despite having contained some funds before;
It is likely because you made a recent transaction and the system automatically drew funds from it in addition to your chosen payment method.
3). You can use PayPal on Steam to pay for games, downloadable content, transactions, and more.
To have PayPal as a payment option on steam, simply add it to Steam as a payment option, like you would add a debit or credit card.
4). Steam online Gift Cards are the best for gaming enthusiasts, and online steam gift cards have been there for a while, and they continue to be the most popular gift cards available on the market for gaming enthusiasts.
The gift card allows access to a lot of games and downloads online without any payment.
5). Steam users can sell items gained mostly through playing games on steam.
You can easily sell any items you earn on the Steam wallet gift card and make money.
6). Diverse Denomination
The feeling of having a range of denomination being delivered into your wallet is second to none.
After purchasing the gift cards, they are soon sent into your e-mail without stress.
Gift cards can be paid for through Bitcoin or PayPal, by following a few easy steps.
7). PC and Mac Games
Another good thing about steam gift cards is that you are given unlimited time for PC and Mac games.
If you choose to play games on the PC, all that is required is to download and play them without any fee.
The diversity of games provided by these gift cards make it one of the best available for video game lovers.
8). Flexible Card Usage
Steam cards are flexible for the recipient, allowing him or her to choose what to buy.
It therefore takes away some of the anxiety associated with finding just the right gift.
It’s a perfect way to provide a flexible gift that anyone can enjoy.
9). Buy Games from Developers Across the World
If you want to buy and download games immediately, there’s no better marketplace than Steam.
Steam is filled with the world’s best games, and all of the games are priced perfectly for sale.
You can also save money when you buy during the steam seasonal sales.
10). You can Buy Actual Gaming Hardware on Steam
Apart from buying and playing games, buying software from steam, you can also buy gaming hardware from steam using the steam wallet gift card or your steam wallet funds.
Steam has two great options for hardware
How do I add funds to my Steam Wallet?
There are two major ways you can fund your steam wallet, they include the following:
Add funds via Steam:
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Click your profile name in the upper right hand corner and select Account Details.
- Click on “+Add funds to your Steam Wallet” to select an amount and proceed to checkout.
Add funds via Steam Wallet Codes:
Depending on where you live, you can find physical Steam Wallet cards that contain codes which can be redeemed into your Steam account at many electronics retailers, convenience stores, game stores and grocery stores. You can also purchase Steam Wallet codes printed directly on a receipt or delivered via SMS/text message or email through various kiosks, cyber cafes and eCommerce websites. Codes are also available directly from PayPal.
Where To Buy A Steam Gift Card
Certain retail establishments offer Steam gift cards for sale along with other kinds of gift cards. They include Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and 7-Eleven. You can easily buy physical Steam gift cards at these stores.
You can also order them on the official websites of these stores to be delivered to your mailing address. Digital Steam codes can easily be purchased on the Steam website and they will be sent to your email address.
If you are based in Nigeria or Ghana, you can easily buy Steam gift cards on Nosh. Pay with your naira or cedis and make a purchase on the Nosh website or mobile app. Once the purchase is successful, the code will be sent as an email.
How To Send A Digital Steam Gift Card
- Visit the Steam digital gift card page. Ensure you are logged in.
- Select the USD amount of the gift card you want to send.
- Choose the recipient you want to send it to on your friends list.
- Enter a personalized note in the required field. This step is optional.
- Select a payment method. Among the available options are credit cards and PayPal.
- Tick the box to agree to the Steam subscriber agreement.
- Click on the “Purchase” button.
- Once successful, a confirmation mail will be delivered to you.
How To Redeem A Steam Gift Card
There are 2 ways you can use to redeem your Steam gift card. Check them out below:
1. Through Steam Website
- Go to the Steam website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your account name and select “Account Details”
- Tap on “Add funds to your Steam wallet”
- Click on “Redeem a Steam wallet code”
- Type in your Steam wallet code.
- Input your US address.
- Your wallet fund can be confirmed beneath your account name.
2. Through Steam Client App
- Open the Steam client application.
- Sign in with your account name and password.
- Scroll to the upper-right corner and click on your account name.
- Choose “Account Details”
- Tap the “+Add funds to your Steam wallet”
- Select “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
- Enter your gift card code.
- Input your address.
- Once successful, the added amount will be displayed on the screen.
How To Check The Balance On A Steam Gift Card
1. Through The Steam Website
- Go to the Steam website and log in.
- Click on your profile at the top-right corner and choose “Account details”
- Select “Payment Methods” and then click on the “Manage Steam Wallet” button.
- Your current balance will be displayed on the next page.
2. Through Steam Mobile App
- Open the Steam mobile app on your device.
- Select the menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Account details”
- Click on “Gift Card Balance”
3. Through The Steam Client App
- Open the Steam client application on your system.
- Choose the Store tab in the menu.
- Choose “Account details”
- Select “Payment Methods”
- Click on the “View” button next to “Steam Wallet”
- The next page will reflect your current balance.
How To Convert Steam Gift Card To Cash
- Go to the Nosh website or download the mobile app on PlayStore/AppStore.
- Sign up for an account.
- Verify your account via the email received.
- Login with your details.
- Access the dashboard and select “Sell Gift Cards”
- Enter all your Steam gift card details. This includes the brand name, subcategory, and amount.
- Upload your Steam card images.
- Click “Begin Trade”
How do I view my Steam Wallet balance?
- Log in to your Steam account.
- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner, next to your profile name.
Can Steam Wallet funds be gifted, withdrawn or transferred to another Steam account?
No, Wallet funds cannot be moved or withdrawn to a bank account. Once a Steam Wallet code has been redeemed on an account, the wallet funds are then tied to that account. If you would like to buy another user’s Steam Wallet funds, please purchase a Steam Wallet code.
I recently added Steam Wallet funds but they have not appeared, what do I do?
In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account. If the issue persists for more than two hours after completing your transaction, please do the following:
- Check your email for a Steam purchase receipt to confirm the purchase was completed
- Confirm you are logged in to the account that made the purchase (the account will be shown on the emailed receipt)
- Restart the Steam Client
- If the updated amount is still incorrect, please contact Steam Support for assistance.
What are Steam Wallet Codes?
Steam Wallet codes work just like gift cards which can be redeemed on your account for Steam Wallet credit and used for the purchase of games, software and any other item you can purchase on Steam.
You can find Steam Wallet Codes at many retail stores across the World in a variety of denominations and different currencies.
Note: Funds added to the Steam wallet will be used towards the next purchase(s) to the Steam account. Once depleted, another form of payment can be used.
How do I redeem a Steam Wallet Code?
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/redeemwalletcode and sign in if you aren’t already. You will need to create a Steam account if you do not already have one.
- Once logged into Steam, please enter your unique Wallet code that you received into the “Steam Wallet Code” field.
- Click “Continue” to redeem the credit onto your account. Note: If you have never used Steam Wallet credit on your account, you may be prompted to enter your current address to determine the correct currency.
The value of the Steam Wallet code will be added to your account’s Steam Wallet balance. The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner below your profile name.
When in the “Review + Purchase” step during checkout click “My Steam Wallet” as a payment method. The cost of the item you purchase and the associated tax will be deducted from your wallet funds.
What currency will my Steam Wallet funds be in?
If you have never had a Steam Wallet balance on your Steam account, the funds will be added in the currency of the Steam store.
If you have an existing Steam Wallet (regardless of the current balance), the funds will be added in your Steam Wallet’s current currency
Are there country restrictions on Steam Wallet codes?
Yes. Each Steam User Account is associated with a specific currency, which you can see in the top right corner of your Steam Client.
You may encounter an error if you try to activate a Steam Wallet Code issued in a different currency than the one of your Steam User Account.
What if my Steam Wallet code is damaged or unreadable?
If a Steam Wallet code has been damaged or is otherwise unreadable, please contact Steam Support with a photo of the code attached to the ticket.
I hope you have found this article helpful. In case of any other questions about Steam Wallet Gift Cards, kindly make use of the comment section below.