In this article, I will be giving general information about Steam Gift Card. If you have been hearing about it but do not have detailed knowledge about it, ensure that you read this article carefully to the end.
Steam Gift Cards work just like gift certificates, which can be redeemed on Steam for the purchase of games, software, hardware, and any other item you can purchase on Steam.
Steam holds a virtual monopoly on the digital distribution of games. It’s an immense store where games of effectively every type can now be bought, in addition to various kinds of utility software, or even a movie or two. See How to Convert Steam Gift Card to Cash.
What is Steam Gift Card Used for?
Steam gift cards can be used for the purpose of purchasing several items such as the following:
Steam is home to almost every video game in the world, so it’s the best place to build your dream library of new and older titles.
Thanks to the application’s clear interface, you can easily navigate through preferred game categories, choosing from many new releases or early-access products.
All available games feature reviews and ratings, so there’s no better way to determine if a title is worth playing. Plus, it’s also the best location to discover iconic classics and many indie recommendations unavailable on other platforms.
DLC and Expansion Packs
But Steam is so much more than just video games! Whether you’re playing Resident Evil, Dungeon Defenders, Don’t Starve Together, or any other game that offers costume packs, you can get them with gift card cash.
It’s also a great way to buy more Steam levels or the best weapons for games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. But the real gem of this platform is the DLCs, which often come cheaper in bundles. And you can have them too by topping up your Steam Wallet with Steam Gift Card cash!
Life is hard, so why not make it easier? With Steam Cards, you can buy anything you can think of! Whether you need in-game currency, power-ups, or boosters – all these will make your gaming experience more fun and rewarding.
Everything in your Steam Wallet is the equivalent of cash, so by topping it up with a gift card, you can buy anything in the Steam store – including hardware! Innovative Valve Index controllers are just a part of the wide offer, boosting gameplay enjoyment.
They are compatible with Valve Index and HTC Vive virtual reality headsets, the former of which you can also buy on Steam.
And they often come in practical bundles with streaming devices, video games, separate extra controllers, and more.
As you can see, the Steam Gift Card is the easiest way to buy your favorite games, DLCs, skins, extras, and hardware. And the best part is you can give it to a friend or loved one to make their dreams of perfect gaming shopping come true!
Where To Buy A Steam Gift Card
Certain retail establishments offer Steam gift cards for sale along with other kinds of gift cards. They include Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and 7-Eleven.
You can easily buy physical Steam gift cards at these stores. You can also order them on the official websites of these stores to be delivered to your mailing address.
Digital Steam codes can easily be purchased on the Steam website and they will be sent to your email address. See How to Check Steam Gift Card Balance.
If you are based in Nigeria or Ghana, you can easily buy Steam gift cards on Nosh. Pay with your naira or cedis and make a purchase on the Nosh website or mobile app. Once the purchase is successful, the code will be sent as an email.
How To Send A Digital Steam Gift Card
- Visit the Steam digital gift card page. Ensure you are logged in.
- Select the USD amount of the gift card you want to send.
- Choose the recipient you want to send it to on your friends list.
- Enter a personalized note in the required field. This step is optional.
- Select a payment method. Among the available options are credit cards and PayPal.
- Tick the box to agree to the Steam subscriber agreement.
- Click on the “Purchase” button.
Once successful, a confirmation mail will be delivered to you.
How To Redeem A Steam Gift Card
There are 2 ways you can use to redeem your Steam gift card. Check them out below:
1. Through Steam Website
- Go to the Steam website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your account name and select “Account Details”
- Tap on “Add funds to your Steam wallet”
- Click on “Redeem a Steam wallet code”
- Type in your Steam wallet code.
- Input your US address.
Your wallet fund can be confirmed beneath your account name.
2. Through Steam Client App
- Open the Steam client application.
- Sign in with your account name and password.
- Scroll to the upper-right corner and click on your account name.
- Choose “Account Details”
- Tap the “+Add funds to your Steam wallet”
- Select “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
- Enter your gift card code.
- Input your address.
Once successful, the added amount will be displayed on the screen.
How To Check The Balance On A Steam Gift Card
1. Through The Steam Website
- Go to the Steam website and log in.
- Click on your profile at the top-right corner and choose “Account details”
- Select “Payment Methods” and then click on the “Manage Steam Wallet” button.
- Your current balance will be displayed on the next page.
2. Through Steam Mobile App
- Open the Steam mobile app on your device.
- Select the menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Account details”
- Click on “Gift Card Balance”
3. Through The Steam Client App
- Open the Steam client application on your system.
- Choose the Store tab in the menu.
- Choose “Account details”
- Select “Payment Methods”
- Click on the “View” button next to “Steam Wallet”
- The next page will reflect your current balance.
How To Convert Steam Gift Card To Cash
- Go to the Nosh website or download the mobile app on PlayStore/AppStore.
- Sign up for an account.
- Verify your account via the email received.
- Login with your details.
- Access the dashboard and select “Sell Gift Cards”
- Enter all your Steam gift card details. This includes the brand name, subcategory, and amount.
- Upload your Steam card images.
- Click “Begin Trade”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are Steam Gift Cards Used For?
Steam gift cards are redeemed on Steam for credit. This credit is an acceptable payment method to purchase games, gaming software, and hardware.
2. Does Steam Gift Card Expire?
No, the Steam gift card does not expire. However, it’s advisable to add the funds to your wallet for security purposes. See Sephora Gift Card.
3. Can Steam Gift Cards Be Redeemed For Cash?
Yes, Steam gift cards can be redeemed for cash. Create an account on Nosh and exchange your gift cards seamlessly.
4. Why Is My Steam Gift Card Not Working?
Your Steam gift card is not working because you may have entered an incorrect code, the gift card is yet to be activated, or your gift card has already been redeemed. Steam code is case-sensitive, also confirm if you didn’t mistake I for 1, S for 5, etc.
5. What Is Steam Gift Card Rate?
The Steam gift card rate differs based on the subcategory of your Steam gift card, and whether it’s a physical or digital card. The physical Steam gift card has a higher rate than the digital Steam code.
I hope you have seen enough information about the Steam Gift Card. For more inquiries, kindly use the comment section below.