Some person may have been wondering how they can possibly know the value of the Visa gift card that are remaining in their wallet after they had spent a part of it.
Knowing your Visa Gift Card balance is not as a difficult task as you might think, it all requires simple guidelines that you have yet to understand. This article is an important tool for showing you how to check your Visa Gift Card Balance.
If you receive a Visa gift card as a gift, you should definitely know that these gift cards can be used as payment practically anywhere, so long as they accept payments from major credit card companies. See How to Check Target Gift Card Balance.
Visa gift cards are basically interchangeable with cash, just minus the physical dollar bills and coins. Of course, it’s helpful to know exactly how much is on your Visa gift card before you use it; there’s nothing fun about being caught off-guard because you got surprised with an unexpected bill to pay, after all.
Are you curious to know the balance on your Visa gift card? Well, then you’re in luck because you’re about to read how you will do that. In this article, I will be giving you a step-by-step guide on how to check your Visa gift card balance, whether online or by placing a call. Let’s get into it!
How to Check Visa Gift Card Balance
There are different ways through which you can check the Visa Card Gift Card Balance. They include the following:
Checking your Visa Gift Card balance online
Check the back of your gift card and visit the official website of your Visa gift card issuer. You can do this on your phone or PC. Below are possible websites you could check:
- Visa Vanilla Gift Cards
- Gift Card Mall
- Commerce Bank
- Navy Federal
- Enter your login details if needed to log in to the website.
- When you are logged in, navigate to the ‘Check Balance’ option.
- Enter your 16-digit number into the space provided for that.
- Type in the expiration date of your gift card into the appropriate field
- Then, input your 3-digit pin, also called CVV into the provided space. This pin is located at the back of your card.
- Crosscheck to be sure you entered the correct details, then click on the ”Check balance” button.
The website will show you the balance on your gift card.
How to Check your Visa Balance with the Toll-free line
- Check the back of your Visa gift card and you will find a toll-free number you can call.
- Dial the number on your mobile device and call it.
- Follow the voice prompts to check your balance. You will most likely be asked for your 16-digit pin and CVV number.
After this, you will hear the balance left on your card. See How to check MasterCard Gift Card Balance.
What if the card was added to your smartphone’s Wallet app?
When you add your Visa gift card to your smartphone’s Wallet app, keep in mind that, for security purposes, you won’t be able to view or edit the card’s information after it’s added.
If the Visa gift card was a physical card, you will need that card’s number, expiration date, and CVV to check the balance online or over the phone because you cannot access this information through the Wallet app. It’s a good idea to copy and store this information in a secure place if you want to get rid of the physical card.
If the Visa gift card was sent to you digitally, check your email for the original link to activate the gift card. You should be able to access the balance from this link as well.
How Do You Check Your Visa Gift Card Balance on Your Phone and on Amazon?
If you are looking for a Visa gift card balance app to find out how much value is left on your prepaid card from the convenience of your smartphone, there is an official Visa app that allows you to keep track of all of your accounts with Visa.
You can also check your Visa gift card balance on apps that aren’t directly affiliated with Visa, such as the prepaid Visa gift card issuer’s own mobile app.
That means if you bought your prepaid Visa gift card from a certain retailer, there’s a good chance you can check the remaining balance on the official app.
For any folks who are fans of the Amazon app, you will be pleased to know that it is extremely easy to transfer funds from your prepaid Visa gift card to your Amazon account.
This is particularly useful for those who have several Visa gift cards with a range of different balances remaining on each.
Instead of having to keep track of various small balances, transferring them to a collective Amazon balance makes online shopping way more convenient. Keeping track of the total value of your Visa gift cards on Amazon is easy when their funds are combined.
Not sure how to add funds to your Amazon account with a Visa gift card? Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to “Amazon Reload”
- Enter the amount of your Visa gift card into the custom amount box
- Once you are at the ‘Choose a payment method’ step, click ‘Add a credit or debit card’ in the payment methods box.
- Once prompted to add your card, enter your Visa gift card information in the specified fields and click ‘Add your card.’
- Select the Visa gift card you just added as your payment method. For the billing address, Visa gift cards purchased via Gift Card Granny may have your normal Amazon account billing or shipping address.
- Make sure to review and confirm the amount you will be loading onto your Amazon gift card balance. Once you are certain all the information you entered is correct, click ‘Place your order’ and you are finished.
After you complete all of these steps, you can expect your Visa gift card funds to be applied to your Amazon account. See How to apply for Amazon credit card
I hope you have seen useful information in this article. In case of any other questions about How to check your Visa Gift Card Balance, kindly make use of the comment section below.