In many countries, if not all, Amazon Gift Card has gained its way to the most popular and useful gift card the same way Amazon online store is well recognized everywhere. Amazon gift card is useful for purchasing any kind of Amazon goods and services. It can be found on their official website and it comes in different forms.
Amazon gift card is for shopping but can also be converted to cash in case you wish not to use it in the gift card form. See How to Turn Google Play Gift Card to Cash
There are physical Amazon gift cards and digital ones, all are available, you have to make the choice of whichever form you want the gift card.
In this article, I am going to be showing you all of the important information about the Amazon Gift Card. In case you have been using it without having much detailed information about it, here is an opportunity for you to explore every idea you need to get about Amazon Gift Cards. Keep Reading!
What is Amazon Gift Card?
Amazon Gift Card is a prepaid or gift card, that Amazon accepts as payment for orders. Customers can use their Amazon Gift Card to pay for Amazon orders in a variety of countries.
It can be either an online code or a physical card. If you have a physical one, simply scratch the outer layer to obtain the code. Each Amazon Gift Card code will have 14 to 15 characters, which will include numbers and letters.
An Amazon gift card is a card that has already been loaded with a set amount of money and then sent out to the receiver. The receiver could be anyone.
It could be a gift to your partner, best friend and anyone. Amazon gift cards can be purchased in almost any amount from $0.50 to $2000. Amazon gift cards can be redeemed on Amazon for anything on Amazon.
Features of Amazon Gift Card
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Multiple gift card designs and denominations to choose from.
- Redeemable towards millions of items store-wide at Amazon.com or certain affiliated websites.
- Available for immediate delivery. Gift cards sent by email can be scheduled up to a year in advance.
- No returns and no refunds on Gift Cards.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on Amazon.com and certain related sites as provided in the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
To purchase a gift card for use on an Amazon website in another country, please visit: Amazon.ca, Amazon.cn, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.in, Amazon.it, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.es, or Amazon.com.au.
Types of Amazon Gift Cards
Basically, there are 3 types of Amazon gift cards
- Amazon e-gift card
These are not sold in any stores and can only be sent out by email. When selecting this type of Amazon gift card, you can choose an already set amount or if you have an amount in mind, that also works. See Best Gift Card in Germany.
This is the most popular kind of gift card as it is available to everyone. It is also fast to acquire, usually within 5 minutes if there’s nothing wrong with your cards.
- A Print at Home Amazon gift card
We also call this a DIY Amazon Gift card (DIY as in Do It Yourself). This type will be sent to you as a PDF after you make payment. Then, you can proceed to print in your house. This feature is not available in Nigeria.
- Physical gift cards
The physical gift cards are sent by mail, as into your mailbox.
Where to get an Amazon gift card?
Once you know what an Amazon Gift Card is, let’s find out a few simple ways to acquire one.
Becoming an Amazon affiliate partner
The most common way to get a Gift Card is through this method. To get it, you can sign up as an Amazon Affiliate, promote Amazon products, and receive gift cards from Amazon.com.
For each Amazon Gift Card you successfully sell, you’ll earn a percentage of the total sale price, ranging from ten percent to thirty percent.
Purchasing an Amazon Gift Card from someone else
To get a Gift Card without becoming an Amazon Affiliate, you can buy one from another person. Many people have cards they no longer use and are willing to sell them on websites, groups, and forums. The value of an Amazon Gift Card and the price offered by the seller determine the card’s price.
Purchase Amazon Gift Cards from Websites
The two most prestigious Amazon Gift Card websites are currently on sale. These are Premier Gift Club and Triple Mars:
- Premiere Gift Club offers a variety of Amazon gift cards, including $50, $100, and $500, for 1 to 2 percent off. For example, the $100 Amazon Gift Card will cost you between 101 and 102 dollars.
- Triple Mars has a wide selection of the Gift Cards (the lowest of which is $100), but there is a 3 percent service charge. Furthermore, you must contact customer service if you wish to set up a Triple Mars account.
How To Redeem Amazon Gift Cards
There are two major ways to redeem Amazon gift cards which include the website and mobile app.
1. Redeeming Amazon gift cards via the Amazon website
Follow the steps below to redeem your Amazon gift card via the website:
- Visit the Amazon website and hover over Accounts & List’s nav.
- Click on the Gift cards section.
- Tap on Redeem a Gift Card.
- Enter your gift card code.
2. Redeeming Amazon gift cards via the mobile app
Follow the steps below to redeem an Amazon gift card via the mobile app:
- Open the Amazon app on your device and click on the profile icon.
- Navigate to the “Payments” section.
- Choose “Manage gift card balance.”
- Click on “Redeem another gift card.”
- Input your gift card number.
The other way to redeem an Amazon gift card is at checkout when you are done with the purchase. You will see a section with the headline “Add a gift card or promotion code or voucher”. Input your gift card number and click on Apply.
Common Errors With Amazon Gift Cards
1. Cannot be redeemed in this region
This error simply means you are trying to redeem the gift card from a location different from where you purchased it.
There are different Amazon gift cards for different countries. Trying to redeem a Canada Amazon gift card on a US Amazon account won’t work.
2. Claim code locked
This happens when the gift card you are trying to redeem wasn’t purchased by you. You will need to reach out to the buyer and ask the person to provide Amazon contact support with the gift card details.
3. Invalid code
When you get the Invalid error, double-check your Amazon gift code to confirm you entered the correct one. If you are sure, contact Amazon support with your card details and receipt.
I hope you have found this article helpful. In case of any other questions about Amazon gift cards, kindly make use of the comment section below.