eBay gift card is one of the most popular gift cards that are used in different countries of the world for shopping and making payment of bills on different online and offline platforms.
This gift card comes in different forms, just like other gift cards. It could be a digital gift card or a physical gift card. In whichever you want it; all you have to do is to locate the right store where it is sold to make your purchase.
In this article that you are about to read, you are going to see every detail you may have been searching about eBay gift cards. Kindly read to the end if you want more information. See Best USA Gift Cards
What is eBay Gift Card?
An eBay gift card is a pre-loaded card with a specified amount of money that can be used to purchase any product or service from the eBay online store. You can buy and sell electronics, cars, clothes, kitchen utensils, and other items with your eBay gift card.
All you have to do is input your gift card details during checkout. There are different kinds of eBay gift cards; depending on the form, there are two types of eBay gift cards, eBay e-gift cards and eBay physical gift cards.
The primary purpose of eBay gift cards might have been to purchase items from eBay, but they can also be exchanged for cash on exchange platforms in Nigeria and Ghana.
The best exchange platform to sell gift cards for cash is Cardvest. Cardvest trades gift cards at the best rates and is very reliable. See How to Convert eBay Gift Card To Cash.
Cardvest offers the highest rate for your eBay gift cards to naira or cedis. Cardvest has a rates calculator that allows you to calculate the current rates of your gift cards and start trading immediately on the platform.
Benefits Of eBay Gift Card
eBay gift cards enable you to shop a wide selection of items, offer convenience without needing cash or credit, allow customization to any amount, never expire, facilitate fast digital delivery for last-minute gifting, assist in controlling holiday budgets, and grant access to eBay’s vast marketplace of new and used items.
The benefits of eBay gift card are shown below:
1. Wide Selection – I love that eBay gift cards let you buy pretty much anything. It gives the person you gift it to tons of options to get something they really want.
2. Convenience – Using an eBay gift card means you don’t need actual money or a credit card handy to shop online. Super convenient!
3. Never Expire – You never have to worry about eBay gift cards expiring before you can use them. The money doesn’t just disappear, which is awesome.
4. Fast Delivery – You can send digital eBay gift cards to someone instantly online, which saved me when I totally spaced on getting a gift for my buddy’s wedding.
5. Budgeting – Getting eBay gift cards for friends and family helps me stick to a holiday budget. I just buy the cards for what I can afford.
6. Marketplace Variety – There are new and used things for sale on eBay, so there’s something for everyone. Good chance your gift card recipient can find what they’re looking for.
Features of eBay Gift Cards
1. eBay cards can be purchased Physically and Online
Similarly, as with other gift cards, an eBay gift card can be bought at retail locations. The gift voucher can likewise be purchased online through eBay or PayPal. The gift card purchased online is known as the eBay Digital Card.
The eBay gift voucher contains the recovery code which is reclaimed at checkout on https://eBay.com and other sites that deal with recovering gift cards. It can’t be reclaimed in an actual store.
2. Only US Addresses are allowed
The eBay gift voucher works with just addresses in the USA. To reclaim the gift card, you should have an eBay account enrolled in the US and a US dispatching address. The gift cards are not redeemable outside the US.
3. PayPal Account is required
One of the basic requirements to use eBay gift card is a PayPal account. At the point of using your gift to make purchases, one of the security strategy is having your bank account attached to your PayPal account.
4. Limitations of eBay gift card
- eBay Gift card can’t be used to buy coupons
- The eBay gift is only to buy items on eBay.
- eBay Gift card can’t be used to pay service charges
- You can’t redeem more than $1000 worth of gift card each day or $1500 worth of gift card in a month.
- You can only redeem four gift card in a single trade.
Where To Buy eBay Gift Cards
There are various stores or places to buy eBay gift cards. eBay offers gift cards for purchase there are no digital cards for sale at the moment.
eBay recommended stores like Walgreen, Best Buy, and Apple Market. In Nigeria, you can get the best deals on your gift cards at NOSH.
For online purchases, easily buy gift cards on the Nosh platform. There are also other platforms that sell gift cards while there are scammers disguising on the internet. It’s better to deal with a platform you are hundred percent sure is reliable.
How to Make Payment with an eBay Gift Card?
To use your eBay Gift Card, enter the 13-digit redemption code at checkout.
- If you received a digital Gift Card through email, the redemption code can be found in the email.
- If you have a physical Gift Card, the redemption code is on the back of the card. Gently scratch off the security coating to see the redemption code.
- Please note, it can take up to 4 hours for your eBay Gift Card to be activated and ready to be redeemed.
Paying with an eBay gift card
You’ll need to use your redemption code to pay for an item with your gift card. Here’s where you’ll find your gift card redemption code:
- Digital cards – The code is in the email we sent you
- Physical cards – Scratch off the security coating on the back of the card to reveal the code
When you’re ready to make a purchase, here’s how to pay with your eBay gift card at checkout:
- Enter your shipping and payment details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the checkout page and enter the gift card redemption code in the Add coupons field.
- Select Apply to see your new total.
- Check your details again and select Confirm and pay.
If you don’t have enough money on your gift card to cover the total cost of an item outright, you can pay the remaining cost using another payment method, such as a credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or PayPal.
Check your eBay gift card balance
It’s always a good idea to check your gift card balance before you go to checkout. To view your card’s balance, go to the gift card balance checker or select the button below and enter your 13-digit gift card redemption code.
How To Redeem Your eBay Gift Card
Redeeming an eBay gift card is a fast, seamless process – simply enter your gift card code at checkout to redeem the value towards your purchases. Here are the detailed steps:
- Go to the eBay website and add desired items to your cart. When ready, proceed to checkout.
- On the payment page, click “Pay Now”.
- Select “Redeem a gift card, certificate, or coupon”.
- Enter your 13-digit eBay gift card number.
- Click “Apply”, and the gift card balance will be applied to your purchase.
- Finish checkout and click “Confirm Payment”.
Note: The gift card balance will be applied toward the total purchase amount. If the balance doesn’t cover the full total, you can pay the remainder with another payment method.
I hope you have found this article helpful. In case of any other questions about eBay Gift Card, kindly make use of the comment section below this article.